Saturday

February 1, 2008, Fire

I was really in the fire. I missed posting this entry yesterday.

Fire

For sacrifice, for light, to burn, to consume, to purge, for cleansing, for destruction

In the bush, in the cloud, on the mountain, in the desert, in a pillar, on the altar, in the furnace, in the censer, in an offering, in a separation, in my heart, in my bones Jeremiah 20:9, in Zion,

A place where you see His face, hear His voice, the unquenchable fire, His word, where He answers you.
In offering and sacrifice, meat, grain, fat, aroma, incense, my heart, my being.

Exodus 24:17
To the Israelites the glory of the Lord looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain.

1 Kings 18::24
Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by fire--he is God."

Leviticus 9:24
Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.

Ezekiel 15:7 I will set my face against them. Although they have come out of the fire, the fire will yet consume them. And when I set my face against them, you will know that I am the Lord.

Daniel 3:22 The king's command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the fire killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego,

Daniel 3: 25 He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."

I have been thinking about Shadrach, Meshech and Abednego and how when put into the fiery furnace they were not consumed and a fourth was seen with them, the Lord.
In this glorious time, in the fire, which does not destroy those seeking Him; for those who love the Lord; a time to see Him face to face; to talk with Him as in the burning bush; to see Him in a pillar of fire. This is not the fire of hell but the fire of transformation. It is in the fire I see His glory and still live. It is the unquenchable fire of His Holy Spirit. It is the fire of sacrifice and offering in His sanctuary where I dwell with the Most High God.
Who can understand Him and His unquenchable fire?

Jesus, Lover of My Soul, Video and Song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dD-ZdMOx_HY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment