Saturday

February 2, 2008, Eyes That See

Eyes That See

Matthew 20:29-34 Now as they went out of Jericho, a great multitude followed Him. And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, when they heard that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" Then the multitude warned them that they should be quiet; but they cried out all the more, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" So Jesus stood still and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" They said to Him, "Lord, that our eyes may be opened." So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.

How absolutely beautiful! in their crying out, Jesus had compassion, He stopped, He asked them "what do you want, me to do for you?". As I have been so caught up with His compassion and being able to see what it all means, I too say, "have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David, heal me, that my eyes may be opened." It may not be a physical blindness, but it has been a spiritual blindness. In the deepest part of my own healing both spiritually and emotionally, He had compassion on me and touched my eyes. I received sight and I am "following Him".

"I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles,To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house."
Isaiah 42:6-7


And He Did.

I See You, Michael W Smith, Video & Song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U25fyuQvfqk

Added:
To Ken, The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8; 10/22/80

To Edna, here's your peach rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment