Sunday

February 24, 2008, Be Still

Be Still

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Exodus 14:13a And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today.

I spent way too much time searching for information pertaining to force and acceleration. Something that wouldn't make my brain feel like it was going to explode. But with that, the point The point I wanted to make is standing still is the point of the most force. If objects are in constant motion the standing still is continual and this spiritual insight I believe is as we stand still we are in constant motion or communion with our Creator. He created and the force of His creation that spoke everything into existence is in constant motion and will always be in constant motion. The pendulum is in constant motion (Hi, Jim, couldn't help it) but there is a point of acceleration after the 'standing still'.

I absolutely love the story of Moses and think of it often. As he stood on the banks of the Red Sea, he stood still and the water parted, the force was the hand of God, 'exalted in the earth', the same force that created and spoke everything into existence. I am not a mathmetician, my brain is not capable of even beginning to try to measure the universe, talk about something that would give me a headache. But I do know according to the Word the force that parted the sea as Moses 'stood still' was the force of God's hand!

How's that for standing still, acceleration and constant motion.

Video & Song
'Still' by Hillsong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B2aM4HUbzlo&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment