Thursday

February 21, 2008, Set Apart

Set Apart

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

1 Peter 1:
13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."

Psalm 4:
1 To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. 2 How long, O you sons of men, Will you turn my glory to shame? How long will you love worthlessness And seek falsehood? Selah 3 But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The Lord will hear when I call to Him. 4 Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah 5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the Lord.

Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Lord, I am Yours, there is no other. I choose to not be conformed to this world, to be set apart for you, help me to stand on the Rock, You who are my salvation. Show me Your ways, I want to please You every moment of every day. Use me as I seek Your perfect will in my life.

So, this is a first in my entries to speak about being set apart. That is to be holy and be an example of His Word and who He is, to be the best example of Him and His Word that I am able to be. That in everything I do, to make every effort to be a woman of God, pleasing to Him in all my actions, my speech, my walk, and in the blessings that come with this, that all who see me may see Him. It is impossible to be perfect as the flesh is in the way but the Word says that the Spirit can overcome the flesh. but I feel there is not much time and we must be an example in our reaching out to those seeking and lost to give them His Truth. And in teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I must be filled with Him and His Holy Spirit. Reaching out in love and give them the whole Truth, not just part of the Truth. It is possible in my every day actions and choices to choose not to be a part of blatant sin. It is not that difficult, it is a choice and if I am condemned and ridiculed and persecuted for my choices, the Lord Himself said we would be for His Name. We know about the apostles, the prophets and modern day disciples of Christ who endured persecution. And in these days, if it means to be persecuted for Him, I am willing and ready. There is no compromise, I will be an example for Him in my choices as much as He gives me grace to endure, Which He does and will, that is His promise. He gives and I choose. I choose to live His Word and all that are His promises.

Video & Song
'Mighty To Save' by Hillsong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sR8rlTIU8_Y

No comments:

Post a Comment