Saturday

February 9, 2008, Abbastanza

Abbastanza

Lord I pray that You would give me wisdom to deeply know Your truth, to truly know Your voice and to be steadfast in Your love.

'Abbastanza' in Italian it means 'enough', used for expression of fullness or being satisfied. As in, 'ho satisfatto, or sono abbastanza' - I am satisfied. I wish!! But what I realized, the literal translation in English as you break up the word, could mean and probably does mean 'abba - Father, and stanza - room and a probable broader translation - house'. In the process of being 'filled up' in other words, when I am satisfied or have 'enough' I am with my Father, in His house or in His room, in the 'secret place' of the Most High God. It is the only place I am satisfied when I transcend my human mind, to be in my Father's house in my spirit, and will one day be fully with Him.

As we have been planted in this life for a purpose and live in this world, but not part of the world, we become depleted. There is no other place to be totally 'satisfied' or to be totally satiated in this life except by starving for Him and His Word and devouring His Word to the point of 'abbastanza'.

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10

Video & Song
'Adonai' by Avalon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IpGEdgQ-dow

No comments:

Post a Comment