Tuesday

February 19, 2008, The Secret Place

The Secret Place

Psalm 91 1-2 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."

One day in our women's bible study during prayer I had a vision of meeting Jesus in a secret place and it was a garden. Day after day I realized it was a place where He waited for me to visit Him. Every day I would go there in prayer and visit Him. Day after day, week after week, it was so beautiful. I would kneel at His feet, hold onto him, sit with Him, talk with Him, cry on Him and He would listen so lovingly and patiently. One day I didn't go, day after day, week after week, my days became busy and I was caught up in the mundane. When I remembered the secret place and went to meet my Lord, I looked, He was still there patiently waiting, He had never left. I cried realizing what had happened, I had not taken the time to go to Him everyday, but He had never left and He always waited for me. Once again I would go to Him each day. We would talk and I would kneel at His feet and hold onto Him. Then one day something happened. In my trials and time of difficult testing I stood in the garden and didn't feel worthy to approach Him, He stood up and came to me and held me.

This painting (link below) was emailed to me by my dad many months later, it took my breath away as I realized it was like my 'secret place'.

Painting
http://picturesofjesus4you.com/

Video & Song
'I Want To Know You More' Reana Nel
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3C_4Q6mP0

No comments:

Post a Comment