Wednesday

February 6, 2008, Surrender

Surrender

There is one concept that cannot be taught. And as the Lord has put within me the desire and the ability to teach my gifts and a desire to teach His word and His wonderous ways to set free those in prison and those that are hurting, I realize there is one word that cannot be taught, 'you', that is 'you surrender'. This cannot be taught, only understood and experienced as the Lord gives it to us. 'Surrender' that comes from within our own hearts, a point of relinquishing. And for me to 'surrender' is unto the Lord. To be able for the first time in my life to truly say 'Your will be done, Lord, not mine'.

There no longer can be walls that I hold up or my own safe place that I create. For 'surrender' to happen, I had to lay everything down even my security.

As I pray, 'Your will be done Lord, not mine,' I truly believe in Him and trust in Him, He is here.

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. Philippians 4:7-8

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple Luke 14:26-27

And to add to the beauty of it all, this is a day of remembering. A day of beauty, when the Lord gave me a precious boy, February 6, 1982. His name is Joshua Lucas and a wonderful man serving God with all his gifts and capacity. How blessed he is, and how blessed Ken and I have been as parents, that God would see us worthy to give us Josh to care for him and love him and watch him grow into the man for God. Josh, you are awesome in His sight, and awesome in our sight. We love you!


Video and Song
Flower in the Rain, Jaci Velasquez
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EA69xAUrNTA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment