Sunday

February 3, 2008, Dry Places

I endure and hold on

Dry Places

The desert, a hot, dry place, little life exists, but there is life. In the silence compared to noise, you can actually hear yourself breathe. And the life that does exists is extraordinary, durable, strong; scorpions, lizards, snakes. The desert plant life draws moisture from deep roots or by storing up water from the infrequent rains. And when the rain comes even dormant plants spring up in their beauty. Nothing would destroy these plants other than completely digging them up and even then they would live. Have you ever taken a cactus and left it out of the soil for any length of time? It doesn't die and if it does it is because it was forgotten for a long period of time.

So, if I am to see myself in this life as a desert plant, I can understand the dry times. If my roots run deep in the Word of God or I have taken the time to store up His Word in my heart, and the rain is a symbol of His Word (which by the way is not infrequent but omnipresent, it is life), then I too will live a long life in the 'Son'.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13


All Things New, Video and Song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9_Q3NrB_eHM

No comments:

Post a Comment