Thursday

February 28, 2008, You Are Holy

Adoring Him, Worshiping Him, Honoring Him

You are the King of Kings. You are Holy and there is no other. You heal the brokenhearted, you died that we might live and have life more abundantly.

We know this but one thing that has to be asked, is the knowing a programming? Or is it a true understanding that transforms us?.

I can't think of any better way to get out of programming than to compare translations of scripture. This helps me use another part of my brain to get it in my heart over and over again. It isn't by rote or memorization. It's fresh and truth and is God's word in our modern language. And after all, the bottom line for me, I initially searched in a modern language bible 30 years ago because it spoke directly to me and my heart.

Hebrews 11:1 The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. 2 The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd. 3 By faith, we see the world called into existence by God's word, what we see created by what we don't see.

and


Romans 10:17 The point is, Before you trust, you have to listen. But unless Christ's Word is preached, there's nothing to listen to.

____The Message


Now faith is, and faith without works is dead, and faith comes by hearing...but when we hear these words can we really hear them? I remember back when I was resistant to hearing and didn't want to hear. It wasn't until someone reached out to me and loved me as I was and I could see it was genuine, it was Jesus in them. There was nothing attached to it, nothing demanding of me about it, nothing saying, 'you better change or you're going to hell', it was just love. And the wonderful thing about it all, when I gave my life to the Lord at that time the transformation is still occuring 30 years later. And in that time it was never a man or a woman or family member or sister or brother that said 'you must do this as a Christian, the bible says so'. It was being nurtured in the Word and encouraged in the Word and the gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit to bring me gentle conviction. And as I wanted to please Him whom I became very aware of what He did for me and what that meant, the old 'woman' began to fall off, and I gladly layed it down at His feet. Why would I want to hold on to anything that displeased Him, 'once I saw it in His light'.

And in this continuing birthing and dying every day, sometimes many times a day, I am putting on strength until the day I stand before Him.

Video & Song 'You Are Holy'
Michael W. Smith
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zYHzeoO_9KM

No comments:

Post a Comment