Wednesday

January 23, 2008, Honor

Honor

Timao Greek .; a valuing by which the price is fixed; of the price itself; to revere; venerate; glory or recognition; distinction.

Lord, God, You are my all and all, my everything, my Savior, Everlasting Father,
The Splendor of My King. I will worship You and praise Your name forever. In You only will I trust. In Honor, Glory and Power, Honor, Glory and Praise we come before Your throne.
Give me ears in which to hear.

Ephesians 6: 2-3 "Honor your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise-- "that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."

Psalm 91:15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

Honor and greatness. What an spectacular word to speak or give or receive. It is a continuous union as we honor our God and honor each other. It is priceless, of great value. To see in every face, Christ and honor Him, to honor them.
Honor, your father and mother, and enjoy, enjoy a long life on the earth, here and now.

We have been planted where we are at this time in every family, in every church, in every city, in every year of every day. We have been called to give honor as He lays upon our heads honor, when we walk in His ways and not the ways of the world. An honor or distinction to be 'set apart' , we belong to Him, we are His. We are children of the King! How great is our God!


How Great Is Our God by Chris Tomlin, video and song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NojwQKHuF54

No comments:

Post a Comment