Thursday

January 17, 2008, Confess

Exomologeo Gr.
Confess

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

With the painful realization that the 'trash' has poisoned me, my marriage, my family, I can allow the grieving and healing for the time lost. I am so thankful for the time that is now. The paradox, there is joy in the pain. Everything in my life at this moment takes on a fresh and new life. Scriptures that I've known, I have discovered a new facet in this precious jewel as the Lord speaks deeply to me. Amazingly, I think I can really hear His voice as never before. My eyes have been cleared to see.

Why would we ever want to hold onto our 'trash' and pollute our bodies, our spirits and our minds?!!! We are masochists in disguise! We give ourselves inflicted pain for our shame and unworthiness. Self-hate dictates our every action, every reaction, every chosen encounter to reinforce the same.

But the good news, when we work through this purging and confess the 'trash' as it is revealed -we are healed.

Confess: exomologeo greek; it is an examination, a test.
Can we pass the test? Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment