Wednesday

January 2, 2008, Past, Present and Future

Past, Present and Future

Past
I woke up and heard this question this morning, "What would you change in your life?" I answered, "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING".

Present
Only the Lord controls them. Like the wind and the flow of a river He controls them. We cannot catch the wind or stop the river. Our lives, even though we may only notice 'the now', there is no end. We don't know the hour or the day or the year, be ready always. Make every moment count.

From day to day my soul sings continuously to the Lord, even in my sleep, a song the Lord stored in my heart to remember from worship. Worship in the Spirit of the Lord like the powerful unison of the Levites and the lead singer Chenaniah and the sons of Asaph. It must have been awesome to be there in all it's celebration as they went before the ark of the covenant, they sang continuously. In unison when the trumpeters and the singers were to make themselves heard with one voice to praise and to glorify the LORD. 2 Chronicles 5:13. This week it was: "Bless the Lord, Bless the Lord....Where Kingdoms Fall, and Rulers Crawl, before Your Throne". It is not possible to stand while in His presence and to allow this to happen is a wondrous, healing place.

Future
Are we all teachers? Possibly, some know and some haven't found their gift of teaching, yet. I love how Ecclesiastes starts "The words of the Teacher". If you know this is your calling you understand this, it is in your heart to touch others. This scripture to me can mean many things, but today I read it and I think of the children I teach; teaching them of the love of their Lord and about His life that they may have something to hold onto in this treacherous life. That somehow when adversities, temptations, turmoil come their way, they will have the strength that is found in the Word of God to sustain them. That even at this very young age, somehow they would remember even a single word. Every once in a while the bread comes back and parents share their children's understanding of Christ's shed blood from a the red color of a Christmas light, or this week one said to me with such a passion in his beautiful eyes, "the river of life flows out from my heart," as he placed his hands tightly over his heart, at that moment he showed me he understands. Whether it was bread I cast, their parents, grandparents or another, I was blessed to be the one to see that bread return.

Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. Ecclesiastes 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment