Saturday

January 12, 2008, Consider It All Joy

Consider It All Joy

"For there is hope for a tree, If it is cut down, that it will sprout again, And that its tender shoots will not cease. Though its root may grow old in the earth, And its stump may die in the ground, Yet at the scent of water it will bud And bring forth branches like a plant.
Job 14: 7-9

It is a painful thing to be pruned and be reduced to a stump with no branches. To realize that I am nothing and only have life as the Lord gives life. His river runs deep and if I endure the testing of my faith I will be made whole.

James 1:2-4 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I've known endurance in the flesh, now my testing is not in the flesh, I consider it all joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment