Wednesday

January 16, 2008, Put On Your Shoes

Put On Your Shoes

Acts 3: 6-7 Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. 8 He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.

For many many years I have questioned why we don't see the wondrous miracles spoken of through the scriptures. They are real, not analogies, not fictitious stories, not just history, real life stories. (Amended- where you see this love, around the world, there are these miracles, including raising of the dead, but in my realm, maybe we are too endulged and stiffle His Spirit.)

In this recent purging and walking to find myself the return has been fenomenal. Today I woke up thinking about 'walking' and all the ways we walk. And a stream of prepositions came to me. We walk: in, on, around through, in front of, behind, along, besides, next to...to increase my understanding: in the law, in the truth, in the fire, on the water, in His presence, wow and ultimately walking with You.

In this scripture Peter says to the lame man, "silver and gold have I none, but what I have I give to you". In my recent experiences in a support group correctly named "Love Machine" it is as close to that love, that unconditional love of the Lord I have ever seen or experienced (wow, this just came to me. Where 2 or more are gathered in MY NAME (LOVE)...wow. What is His name? Love, because GOD IS LOVE). I have been searching for this love since I surrendered my life to the Lord almost 30 years ago. And it is real!! If we are able to let the facades and walls crumble and allow ourselves to experience this overwhelming, intensity of that love in which no human is able to give, this is where miracles happen. Things change, no, better yet transcends, transforms, translates us to another dimension - heaven on earth.

Now, I have to admit since this experience is completely new to me, there is an awesome waiting and knowing by His Spirit, this is truth (as I test this in my spirit, it absolutely, accurately lines up with His Word, professing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior). This is where the lame walk, the blind see, the deaf hear, the broken hearted and the captives are set free. My sense of myself and excitement about this new walk, this new birthing (again) I cannot contain. It isn't just for me or you who understand. It is to share, to set free, to heal and to allow the Lord to transform lives through us.

Now it's time to take off your shoes...You are standing on holy ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment