Friday

January 11, 2008, Beautiful Feet

Blessed To Your Toes. Do You Have Beautiful Feet?

I hear You clearly. Lead me to do Your will.

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble. The Lord will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness. Psalm 41:1-3

Look all around. The weak are everywhere in every form. The hungry, the thirsty, the foreigner (as named in His word), homeless, those in prison, in hospitals, in hospice, elderly, children. Did I leave out the oppressed, the depressed, the ones that have lost hope, those hurting, those crying out for someone to love them? Did I leave you and me out? What will we say to them? What can we do for them? It is taking the message of His love.

Now I am seeing the reason for being purged. The reason for my time of troubles. The fruit of those willing to sacrificially give of themselves to plant. And since I am being pruned, and new growth is on its way, my fruit is coming. And this is no fruit that we can translate in our language, it is not fruit that is of this earth. The process is extremely painful but for the first time, I 'truly' understand with a deepness that is deeper that deep in my soul, what the disciples and Paul wanted us to grasp.

The calling is ministry in a time of trouble. In these dark days to give hope to the oppressed to share His light, His love (can you see and feel?). To reach out and touch someone, to touch their hearts to make yourself available, to take to them the news of hope that Christ shed blood was all we ever need for life and to have life more abundantly. He did it all. He said it is finished, no more. He paid the price. There is no message that heals, supplies, reveals, sets captives free and restores the weak, with a guarantee of eternal, infinite, a forever glorious life, standing in awe in His presence. I can only image!

The message is that Jesus Christ 'willingly and knowingly' allowed Himself to be led to the slaughter, the perfect lamb, the Lamb of God, His son.
Whoa!!

How then shall they call upon Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings of good things". Romans 10: 14-15

There is plenty, more than enough, an infinite amount of Him to go around?
Who is willing to send? Who is willing to be sent?
There is a hurting world out there. He is asking us "Who will go?"

And trembling I answer, "I will Lord".

No comments:

Post a Comment