Wednesday

March 4, 2009 What are we doing out there?

Satellites are tracked by United States Space Surveillance Network (SSN), which has been tracking every object in orbit over 10 cm in diameter since it was founded in 1957. There are approximately 560 satellites operating in Earth orbit, out of ~8,000 man-made objects in total. In its entire history, the SSN has tracked more than 26,000 space objects orbiting Earth. The majority of these have fallen into unstable orbits and incinerated during reentry. The SSN also keeps track which piece of space junk belongs to which country. ___www.wisegeek.com

Satellite Internet access operates via geostationary (fixed-position) satellites that beam microwaves from about 22,300 miles above the Earth's equator to your dish antenna and transceiver (transmitter/receiver). Satellite Internet access is available in two forms: two-way and one-way.
http://www.articlesbase.com/technology-articles/how-does-satellite-internet-access-work-82574.html

Anyway, I guess I am in one of those moods, seeking information though important to those in the this tech world but a waste of time for someone like me. I guess this is another as I'm in thinking about how we are able to communicate through these tiny boxes without seeing a face except in our mind's memory drive. It is a great tool, but I don't ever want to forget how important it is to be with you and all of God's creation and experience it all first hand and not by this artificial intelligence method. So, you may think the next is so out of place in my emails but it's what I am feeling this morning....so don't be shocked. It's a peculiar way of saying 'I love you' and want to make sure your computer screen is clean enough to see clearly all of this information that is flying around cyberspace. :-).

Here it is after traveling approximately 44,600 miles from my computer.
http://www.raincitystory.com/flash/screenclean.swf

No comments:

Post a Comment