Tuesday

March 24, 2009 No Calendar, No Clock

I guess this is coming late. I don't want to get caught up with a preciseness of time, although that had been my nature for most of my life, that is, preciseness and perfection (which really is an illusion). This blog will be 4 away from 450 entries. I guess it surprises me that I had that much in me to share, and on the other hand it doesn't surprise me that I have that much to share. There seems to be this endless flow from deep inside of me and it feels like abundant Life.

I've been thinking that at 500 I would stop, but for now I'm learning to live in 'this moment' and make adjustments whenever and wherever necessary. I once lived by stressful deadlines in my work, day after day, heaping on more and more like some kind of crazy-making game with myself, with everyone around me suffering to conform to 'my' filled-up days. It feels so wonderful to live in 'this moment' and not worry for tomorrow. Well, 500 is still quite-a-ways to go, a little over a month, so I'll set aside that thought until that day comes.

And to think I once wondered what it would be like to live without a calendar or clock. I guess in this life that isn't going to happen, but if it could I think it would be like heaven.

I want to be able to live this completely with total surrender to a God who knows what I need every moment of every day. Matthew 6:24 Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. (Message)

'Consider the lilies'

No comments:

Post a Comment