Thursday

March 12, 2009 Money, Power, Futility

"God's designs may be frequent justification for our actions, but it is we, the "self-made men", who take the credit."

"Illusion is needed to disguise the emptiness within."

"The heart, not the head, must be the guide."
__ Arthur Ericksen, Architect

We live in a world out of control because of self gratification, self recognition, self exaltation, the focus has been to acquire power and position creating destruction, turmoil and great loss in all cultures throughout history.

There is a plan for life with One Who doesn't just sit inactively observing as we go from one civilization, one ideal, one culture to another. It has been proven throughout history that man is incapable of fully understanding God's perfect plan for our lives. We edit His blue print in an attempt to fill our emptiness and 'take the credit' for our forgery of Truth. The legacy is deficit and ruin; the beauty is redemption is relentlessly waiting at the door.

Ecclesiastes 2:1 I thought in my heart, "Come now, I will test you with pleasure to find out what is good." But that also proved to be meaningless. 2 "Laughter," I said, "is foolish. And what does pleasure accomplish?" 3 I tried cheering myself with wine, and embracing folly--my mind still guiding me with wisdom. I wanted to see what was worthwhile for men to do under heaven during the few days of their lives. 4 I undertook great projects: I built houses for myself and planted vineyards. 5 I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them. 6 I made reservoirs to water groves of flourishing trees. 7 I bought male and female slaves and had other slaves who were born in my house. I also owned more herds and flocks than anyone in Jerusalem before me. 8 I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I acquired men and women singers, and a harem as well--the delights of the heart of man. 9 I became greater by far than anyone in Jerusalem before me. In all this my wisdom stayed with me. 10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor". ......(in hind-sight it took all this for Solomon to realized he wasn't satisfied with great wealth and power, it was all futile)...11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

And after this....



as we are stepping down or falling down from the need for power and money as a means for self gratification or even self preservation here is genuine Truth.

...something beautiful happens...


http://static.flickr.com/2282/1765138696_75d21edd1d.jpg

Isaiah 55:1 "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. 2 Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare."

No comments:

Post a Comment