Monday

March 16, 2009 Crushed to Life

It came to me this weekend that life is perfect just as it is and there is no need for change, ever.

We have been taught to run from pain. I am now seeing inextricable pain and turmoil along with healing and peace are natural processes in this life's journey. There is beauty in God's plan for our lives and He allows it all to happen, the turmoil and pain with healing and peace. No matter how hard we try to explain it away, run or avoid it, isolate ourselves from it, it will happen. Yes, prior to the 'crushing' there is internal life dormant and waiting.

Pain, turmoil, crushing, death, joy, peace, healing, growth, life, are all necessary for a more abundant Life and I am accepting it, embracing it, allowing it (i.e. not resisting it), and fully experiencing it all.

This could be misunderstood, but I am sharing how much I love my life, because it is full and abundant and I don't mean with 'things'. I am no longer resisting what I perceive to be hurtful, painful or difficult because it is part of His perfect plan for this unfathomable journey, and being crushed brings forth life from within.

There is life within the seed, in order for there to be seed there must be a full life.


http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/egypt/food/wheat.jpg

Here is an interesting video showing the ancient threshing method. Notice the sequence of the threshing: turning (surrender), crushing, separation and the inner part remains, refinement, combed and washed. Makes me tired watching it and going through the process of being threshed does make me very tired but it's all worth it, 'I'm worth it'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDmciOFo7M4


Galatians 6:9 So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. The Message (And I don't plan to give up or quit)

I am seeing that there really is something to celebrate about this whole process. And I want some polenta and Italian sausage now!! Anyone ready for lunch? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment