Friday

March 27, 2009 Fly Ball

It isn't quite that easy in trying to determine what God is bringing back into the picture after it has been surrendered or should I say laid to rest. What am I saying? After dropping assignments of directing/organizing or coordinating, my challenge now is to stand (that is not move first) on the side lines in order to allow God to bring it back if He chooses to and if He chooses to it may not be in the previous form. I can honestly say with total peace, yes Lord, please lead me, please show me Your way. I see it as standing on the sidelines and if the ball is thrown my way I'll catch it straight into my glove.

One thought which comes to my mind was at an Astros game when a fly ball came my way and fell one row of chairs in front of me. I literally jumped over the chairs to get the ball. Next thing I know a man grabs me to get it away with one arm around my neck like a vice until I screamed at him 'get off of me!!'.

So with this image and what I said above, all of the balls coming my way feel like tests to see if I can just 'stand' without jumping over everything to take the them, because next time if I wait for God to drop the ball in my glove I won't need to scream about getting choked.

Nice!!


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3011/2635569296_38f67d6a9d.jpg?v=0

No comments:

Post a Comment