Tuesday

March 10, 2009 Birth in Stillness

I cannot think of one circumstance in my life or as I listen to situations in other's lives, where being still didn't bring answers or an awareness for what is being sought. With our racing minds and our racing hearts, the greatest difficulty is finding stillness within us. How do we overcome the need to constantly be 'doing' or 'speaking' every second of every waken day? Where is time to be still? I cannot answer that question for anyone, not even for myself. One thing that is sure, it seems to be my choice.

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14
(Can I say 'easier said than done'?)

Somehow it has become real or surreal to me as I stand still, not moved, and allow the Lord to do what He desires in me and watch while His hand moves the universe all around me.

I've been fighting to remove the next paragraph thinking it doesn't belong with what I'm saying, but it does...

I woke up with this on my heart and as I searched deeper, Hannah had this stillness in her heart and out of it she gave birth to both spirit and flesh. 1 Samuel 2:1 Hannah prayed: I'm bursting with God-news! I'm walking on air. I'm laughing at my rivals. I'm dancing my salvation. 2 Nothing and no one is holy like God, no rock mountain like our God. 3 Don't dare talk pretentiously - not a word of boasting, ever! For God knows what's going on. He takes the measure of everything that happens. 4 The weapons of the strong are smashed to pieces, while the weak are infused with fresh strength. (The Message)

I guess I must find the place to be still and watch as everything moves around me. I've been writing about it a lot these days.


http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/381995458_68e6ea90c1.jpg?v=0

No comments:

Post a Comment