Tuesday

March 17, 2009 Exemplifying the Genuine

Love cannot be faked. There are many forms of fake love out there. To distinguish, the fake-feeds the ego or self, and the real-is given to and received from an exposed, wide open, vulnerable heart.

I came across this site with all quotes on love from Mother Teresa. Here are examples of untiring, relentless, genuine love shown in many ways. There are too many to post, here's the link to read them as you have time. http://home.att.net/~hillcrestbaptist/mt.html

Just because I am writing about genuine love don't think I totally understand or always exemplify this, I have an ego that needs to constantly die. One thing I do know and experience everyday comes only by the ongoing process of surrendering, being crushed, dying, rebirthing into new life and experiencing God's unconditional love. Love is never ceasing, but always increasing exponentially as I allow my heart to become more and more exposed.

The actions of our heart will exemplify the words 'I love you' by being totally vulnerable to give and receive genuine love. We give love because we desire the highest for each other.

Here are the words. Let's start with Gaelic in celebration of St. Patrick who 'lived' love for the Irish.
'Ta gra agam ort'

Chinese
"Wo ie ni"

Greek
's' agapo'

Japanese
'Kimi o ai shiteru'

Italian
'ti voglio bene' or 'ti amo'

Dutch
'Ik hou van jou'

Welsh
'Rwy'n dy garu di'

Afrikaans
'Ek het jou liefe'

German
'Ich liebe Dich'

French
'Je t'aime'

Spanish
'Te quiero'

and of course

English
'I love you'


So simple, so complex, so profound,
We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment