Thursday

January 8, 2009 24/7 Beautiful

Well, I missed typing yesterday because of pain. That is, a torn rotator cuff, my right shoulder. Today it feels much better, after writhing and yelling on the floor, which is where I finally ended up at 3am Wednesday morning, like a woman in labor until I finally got up and went to the computer and carefully stretched my arm out enough to type and search on the computer for an answer to some relief from the pain. And I found it: RICE, Rest, Ice, Compression and Exercise. I was trying to rest! Compression was out of the question since it was hurting to the touch and exercise will have to come when I can get some movement in it. So with only one option left I did the ice pack and wrapped my shoulder, prayed (which I'm sure was the best of all I did) and laid my arm on a pillow for some comfort. (oh, I forgot about the Aleve) and finally went to sleep. Boy if that won't make you cry out to the Lord!!! And I see it is a wonderful place to be, even if it is pain that gets me there. Enough about my shoulder, it's better, I slept well last night and pain free today so I'll work on the other 3 of the RICE.

What I woke up with this morning is a message for everyone, including me. Please let it sink deep inside of you, because you are so beautiful!!

You are not what you do, or for that matter, don't do. You are beautiful and wonderful and awesome just for who you are. And that is 24/7, awake or sleeping. You are a beautiful person, a human 'becoming' created in God's image, and 'with a heart like His'!!!

I think for some, including me it is hard to let this go deep, but when we are able, wow, does everything change. There is beautiful, awesome rest, no more performing, or the need for approval or strokes. This is where we are able to stand alone, love God with our whole being, love ourselves and then that love is passed through us to others, and it is His Love.

I think this is worth repeating in order to not let this just slide by, it is so important to get this.

You are not what you do, or for that matter, don't do. You are beautiful and wonderful and awesome just for who you are. And that is 24/7, awake or sleeping. You are a beautiful person, a human 'becoming', created in God's image, and 'with a heart like His'!!!

Psalm 139:12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You. (my insert: did you get this?) 13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Technorati Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment