Friday

January 9, 2009 Expressing Love

Expressing Love

I started off as a teacher, but realized I needed to get the teacher out of me and just communicate my heart and not my mind. So for a few months out of last year I hope I was able to separate myself from the teacher in me and just be me.

After I typed my message yesterday '24/7 Beautiful', I immediately went to my husband Ken and asked 'do you know how beautiful you are?' and those of you who know Ken can see his great smile as he says 'yes!'

It made me think of how much of my life, was neither giving or receiving love. I'm not talking about the comments, 'you look marvelous' or 'I love what you are wearing' or 'I love the color of your hair' or even the fleeting repetition of 'I love you'. What came to me was that intimate, vulnerable deep heart connection as we speak of a deeper love for each other. Husband to wife, wife to husband, father to son, father to daughter, mother to son, mother to daughter, sister to brother, brother to sister, and all who are our family, not just within our immediate families and home, but our bigger extended home.

My very first Love Machine... but first if I was never clear or you missed what I'm referring to or what Love Machine is, I'll tell you briefly in my words the best I am able. It is a heart sharing communion with hearts of all ages and all walks of life, coming together in Love and Truth as we search for Love and Truth. Sharing about our walk in this challenging, treacherous world and life and loving with the love of Jesus. It was started by Jim Spivey, which you have heard me mention and everyone who knows Jim, knows he doesn't want to be called out, ever, he is an angel in disguise, striving to be an example of Jesus for all who are searching. If he should point at anyone it is always to Jesus. Love Machine is the fruit of this call and vision from the Lord. (Sorry Jim, I know you have a hard time with attention on you). There are Love Machines everywhere now and it extends from and within the hearts of those who are searching. So, I invite anyone who is drawn to be a part of these amazing meetings to come, they are always there and several available around the city and different days of the week.

So now, back to my very first Love Machine. I guess I was mesmerized as I listened to grown men cry and talk with such a deep love for their wives. I honestly had never in my life seen this in a public setting and it wasn't fake, it was real. Also, as a Christian I had never seen such a deep overwhelming, uninhibited expression of love for Jesus expressed. Oh, I love Jesus, but this was deeper than I understood or experienced and I wanted more. Because everything is all about Him and only Him.

What I want to ask, including for myself, if today we can begin this deep heart expression with those around us, wherever you are. By opening up and speaking with a heart connection and looking at those near us straight in the eyes and saying 'you are so beautiful', 'I love you so much'. Look into their soul, their very God created soul. Open our eyes to see the beauty everywhere. To really touch and feel them, receive back the love you are giving. I am not talking about just words or an act of love. I am talking about souls touching and experiencing God from us and through us, from them and through them. The place where healing and communion occur, the place where we are born again and again and again and again... because we really are living in heaven on earth. We are not the flesh we look at everyday, we need to look beyond the flesh.

Husband adore your wife, wife adore your husband, parents adore your children, children adore your parents, brothers and sisters adore each other. This is only from the heart (not the mind).

I have a family who loves deeply and I love them deeply. What beautiful communion!

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church - a love marked by giving (not things), not getting (not things). 26 Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, 27 dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. 28 And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They're really doing themselves a favor - since they're already "one" in marriage. 29 No one abuses his own body, does he? No, he feeds and pampers it. That's how Christ treats us, the church, 30 since we are part of his body. 31 And this is why a man leaves father and mother and cherishes his wife. No longer two, they become "one flesh." 32 This is a huge mystery, (but becoming clearer) and I don't pretend to understand it all. What is clearest to me is the way Christ treats the church. 33 And this provides a good picture of how each husband is to treat his wife, loving himself in loving her, and how each wife is to honor her husband. ____ The Message

This is amazing love which 'words', 'loyia' or groups of letters from the alphabet in any language cannot express.

No comments:

Post a Comment