Monday

January 12, 2009 What Rejection Does Not Define

What Rejection Does Not Define

In this day and age of competitiveness, nobody can claim of not being rejected some time in his life or the other. To be honest, almost everyone has faced rejection irrespective of being rich or poor. I happened to ask various people in seminars this question about rejection and almost everyone put his hand up and affirmed that he or she had faced rejection.Now there is no doubt that everyone has faced rejection at some particular time or the other in his life. It is a fact that rejection hurts. However, you have to make an important distinction between rejection and hurt feelings. People have fear of rejection and at times it is even before the rejection actually happens. Rejection or fear of rejection is like any other challenge in life. Studies show that people just shy away from doing something due to the fear of rejection. The fact of the matter is as to how you deal with the situation since rejection has the power to define or refine you.
Rejection can be defined in many ways. Before the actual rejection happens, it comes with a fear factor in you and you feel like running away from the real situation. Some people do not have the power to fight back and just give up the hope which leads them to further downfall. You need to believe that it is the rejection which reflects your worth to stand against all tides of life. You need to indulge in socializing and attend some parties. Studies reveal that partying to some extent reduces the fear factor of being rejected.In case you feel a rejection attack, do not be afraid to seek advice from peers and you need to have a clear focus of life at the hour of rejection. The true meaning of fear is false evidence appearing real. In case you feel rejected, take some tips from the management gurus as they will definitely teach you something worthwhile. Never have this fear in mind that if a person says no today, he/she will say no in future also.
http://www.aboutstressmanagement.com/stressrelief/stress-management/causes-of-stress/dont-be-afraid-of-rejection-it-is-inevitable.htm

We can all relate to this. Rejection does not define who we are, but we do have a choice of how we deal with it. Whether on job interviews, in relationships both intimate and casual, with spouses, with family members, coworkers, and church members, there will always be rejection in some form because we are are all humans 'becoming'. We have a choice of how much it takes away from us. Rejection does not define who we are.

I use to think that I was a woman who had it all together (my illusion and far from 'all together')and honestly there seemed to be no obstacles and very little which I was afraid of. Everything I went after, I acquired (an illusion also), which now is a horrible thing to recall because I really did believed this. My illusion was about being successful in everything and I made it my reality.

This critical reaction was my ego driven, frenzied life where I would pursue and acquire. There were those times where I was rejected but soon realized with carefully planned assertion I would go back until I did acquire. One eye opener to my past thinking occurred recently, after applying for an art job which I was fully qualified to do, I didn't get it and I said later 'it was the first time in my 30 year art profession that I didn't get or keep a job or client'. How devastating, no, how devastating that I ever thought I could get everything I pursued.

Now to get to the real comparison on this part of my previous life with my current life. Now, I am becoming so sure of the woman God created me to be, that when rejection occurs it is a way to remind me to look at who I am, and it's not defined by the rejection.

Rejection does not define who I am or who I am created to be. Now I know that anything I acquire or anything I do is only as I submit to the Lord's will in my life and try the best that is humanly possible to keep my heart in communication with Him. He is my One Abba, father, husband, brother, sister, friend and He never rejects me or you.

So did I say it enough? Rejection does not define who we are or who we are created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment