Thursday

January 1, 2009 Living Truth and Living Truth

Living Truth and Living Truth

Some people will not tolerate such emotional honesty in communication. They would rather defend their dishonesty on the grounds that it might hurt others. Therefore, having rationalized their phoniness into nobility, they settle for superficial relationships. ~ unknown author

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man. William Shakespeare

Falsehood is easy, truth so difficult. George Eliot

We know the truth, not only by the reason, but by the heart. Blaise Pascal


The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. . . . The ordinary objects of human endeavour -- property, outward success, luxury -- have always seemed to me contemptible. Albert Einstein

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Jesus


I perish if I refuse the Truth, and for the same Truth I am not afraid to perish. Perish, one is in the spirit, one is in the flesh. 'And if I perish, I perish', Esther. But like Esther, I will live when I go before the King on behalf of a desperate nation.

Out of this long myopic life, I begin to see more clearly and desire more of living Truth not only for myself but to share with others. My desire is for more than 'superficial relationships' it is to transfer and receive deeply His living Truth which is the most loving thing I can do for those near and in my heart.

Jesus said over and over, 'Verily I say to you' that is, 'I tell you the Truth'. He could not lie. Every word that He spoke was His own Truth and He was not believed. What has changed in this world? What difference can we make sharing Truth in His love? Can you see this transformation?

Wow, it is almost more than this finite mind can handle, I could die just thinking about it!!

And N.K. I'm not stopping, I guess there must be an endless river of life flowing out of me and I really don't need anyone to validate me, I am learning that there is only One to Whom I need to look to for that.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

My husband Ken is slaving in the kitchen being a servant, and fixing an awesome typical Southern New Year's meal for all of the family....mmmm good. And not me :-) Oh, I'm will be making Ken's grandmother Poppy's famous cord of cornbread. In case you don't know what that is, I have her iron skillets the corn bread is made from scratch and baked in the iron skillet. If you want to join us just come over in about an hour, I mean that!!

And this is life...by the time you get this it will be almost 2 hours later because I'm fighting with IE on speed this morning... :-( ..... and I have DSL :-) But come and join us anyway if you like...I do mean that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment