Wednesday

January 28, 2009 Where is the Grass Greener?

Where is the Grass Greener?

What really is greener on the other side of the fence? Usually we can't see it. So why do we want it? What is the perception that is calling us to someone else's territory? What is it in our lives that we are never satisfied with our side of the fence? I am really speaking of wanting something that isn't a reality. We can't see through that fence, the hidden hell or pain in their lives is no different than ours. The greener grass in this world is an illusion.

So as I am typing this I had no idea where this 'greener grass' thing was going to go. But then again how could I not as a human 'becoming'. Here I am, someone who is learning to express my pain, and invite others to express theirs. I want to be that person now and offer myself to be as one awesome young lady so beautifully expressed to her husband yesterday, as they begin their journey as a newlywed couple, "I will be the face of everyone you needed to express your anger to'. What an amazing loving example for all of us, to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice for healing. And to be very clear this is not as an abusive whipping post or a sounding board for verbal abuse which I see is internalized anger rather than working on anger in order to be healed. In allowing the expressed anger we allow healing, we see each other's needs openly and share deep compassion with each other. We no longer need to escape to the other side or hide on our side but become very real, open, loving, expressive, relationships and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment