Friday

January 16, 2009 You Are So Beautiful

You Are So Beautiful

Over the past month I've asked several women, "Do you know you are beautiful?' Everyone of them said, 'not really' or 'I'm having a hard time with that', or they stop and can't answer or they right out say 'no'. It made me realize the deficit we all have. It has been compounded by false perception of airbrushed beauty as it is projected in the media as well as the retail vortex of wear it, have it, if you've got 'it', you're it, which is perpetrated through media schemes, the world's standards for beauty. The natural God given desire for the opposite sex and the attraction is confused by the world and women are starved and addicted to the attention of men as a means to determine their value and self worth. And when men don't measure up to fulfilling our self worth (and they never will) we as women turn this false perception that we are not beautiful inward.

I have been more keenly aware of women in my life who are having a hard time seeing themselves as beautiful and lovely, of course I could only see this because it has and is an ongoing learning process for me as well, but I can honestly say I see myself as beautiful today as I allow my life to be transformed every day.

Our earthly father is the earthly example of our Heavenly Father, but again he cannot and will never be our Perfect Father. But a little girl does not understand this. She sees her daddy with the pure, innocent loving heart of a child. In order for a woman to feel whole and complete by the time she ventures out in the world, if her innocence has been stripped or her beauty not appreciated and affirmed, or she is in anyway neglected by lack of protection (which may be outside of her sanctuary/home), violated, abandoned or abused, either overtly or covertly, her self worth and awareness of her 'total' beauty suffers greatly. She will then venture out into the world looking for a way to fill the void by seeking attention from men in all the wrong ways and spend endlessly on superficial adornment as a false sense of beauty.

The greatest gift an earthly father can give his daughter is loving her unconditionally, reminding her how beautiful she is (and not based on what she is wearing or achievement) and protecting her and her innocence, as well as admitting his human failures and redirecting her to the one and only Perfect Father in Heaven. If a father is not a living protective example in the best way humanly possible and lovingly acknowledge his failures in trying to be a loving, protective 'human' father, it will blind and obstruct his little girl from to being able to see the love of her Heavenly Father. She can only come to know her total beauty and self worth from the Father above, by the living example of her earthly father.

And yes, I am this daughter, an example of all these women who are continually healing the voids of our youth. It comes when there is patience and unconditional love from a man who understands the pain and hurt and affirms and offers protective unconditional love that was needed as a little girl. A woman never stops needing this unconditional love. And yes, women marry their father, looking for the Father.

This is me, my mom, my sisters, my close dear friends and women everywhere, young and old, whom I feel so connected with today. I want to let you know, 'You are so beautiful!!'. Can you see? Can you feel it?

I must add this in addition to what many women seek in regard to the outward appearance when Paul speaks of adornment and hair, to take it deeper, this is not an example of 'appearing holy', it is that our beauty has no need for these things and cannot add anything more to how beautiful we are already.

And obviously today I am speaking for us women but the same love is necessary for little boys and men.

Here is the most beautiful letter to us from our Heavenly Father, we are beautiful in His eyes. I am my Lover's and He is mine....we longingly search for His Love.

Song of Solomon 4:1 How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Mount Gilead. 2 Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn, coming up from the washing. Each has its twin; not one of them is alone. 3 Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon; your mouth is lovely. Your temples behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate. 4 Your neck is like the tower of David, built with elegance; on it hang a thousand shields, all of them shields of warriors. 5 Your two breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies. 6 Until the day breaks and the shadows flee, I will go to the mountain of myrrh and to the hill of incense. 7 All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. 8 Come with me from Lebanon, my bride, come with me from Lebanon. __NIV

You are so beautiful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_iktIzn-o&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment