Saturday

January 22, 2009 Fw-God Teaches Me...

God Teaches Me...

There is another land out there that I am discovering which is not limited. A whole new land out there that needs discovering of which I didn't see in Egypt....it only is being revealed in the drudging through the deep sand at times and then on clear open paths at times, and if I dare look back the blowing sand blinds my eyes. And He say 'go into the land which I promised you, it's straight ahead, don't stop, keep on going, Can you see it?'

I am forwarding this blog which I received this morning from Jim. Oh girl, does it say a lot to me, brought tears to my eyes because it is me...and the greatest thing in 'finding' me, I am not afraid of 'me' any longer. The roads have been closed off to the past (Egypt) and I am so thankful!!!What amazes me is the vast, ever changing lucidity that is occurring all around me, and it came with 'complete' surrender to Jesus. I am a human 'becoming' within a infinite dimensional creation.

Here it is and please make sure you listen to the video...an artist of whom I did not know.

It is absolutely perfect for me and I hope you feel it too. Thank you Jesus for this amazing life!!! Love you,Teresa

____________________________

"God gently and relentlessly teaches me art and beauty right in the midst of the meaningless, messy, and mundane of my life; He teaches me authenticity and integrity right in the midst of my clever disguises and sophisticated lies; He teaches me caring and compassion right in the midst of my blind ambition, petty foolishness, and the total mindlessness of my great strivings (and the 'unexpected' acrimony that ensues); He teaches me dignity and grace right in the midst of my carelessness, clumsiness, coarseness, and inconsideration; He teaches me hope, intimacy, and love right in the midst of my callousness, fears, panic, passivity, and perilous penchant for silent hate and subtle violence; He teaches me humility right in the midst of my delusions of grandeur; He teaches me patience right in the midst of what I find totally intolerable; He teaches me peace right in the midst of the storms of my life's absolute chaos; and then, right when I think the lessons are over, He teaches me awe and reverence right in the midst of Him." -- Yours Truly

And it takes as long as it takes for me to get the lessons, and there is a reason that that is usually longer than what is comfortable for me (you'll hear the reason at the end of the song). And if you feel a little caught between a rock and a hard place, between the past (and what you know - the "comfortable prison") and an unknown future (filled with lessons you are learning that you can't pretend you don't know), take a soothing listen, to gain some much needed perspective.
This is a beautiful song, written and sung by a very talented young woman, addressing a topic (that transition period between ignorance & naivete and maturity & wisdom) I find myself supporting many young people in these days, but if I'm totally honest, that's only because He is still teaching me. I have always been a slow learner, learning through trial and error - with embarrassingly much error, and age means nothing when it comes to spiritually maturing, really and truly.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUYAmVYnC-Y

Jim Spivey
Revolution Consulting
2219 McDuffie
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 854-4848

e-mail: jspivey@revolutionconsulting.com
website: www.revolutionconsulting.com
blog: http://www.revolutionconsulting.com/blogger.htm

"helping people wake up and come alive, connect deeply with God, themselves, and others,and choose a life of passion, purpose, and self-responsibility"

No comments:

Post a Comment