Tuesday

December 9, 2008 We Are Our Brother's Keeper

We Are Our Brother's Keeper


Cain asked the Lord after he murdered his brother Abel, 'am I my brother's keeper?' Genesis 4

Everywhere I am in fellowship and community with my brothers and sisters I am seeing this 'keeper', those who guard and watch after each other (without control). Those who give and receive love. I see those reaching out to each other with selfless acts to 'love, accept, invite, engage, allow, connect and share' in both my church and as my husband described in our community of Love Machine. It is my desire as you have read from past entries, that the church everywhere join together without walls into a community of love, not fragmented or disjointed members, but 'one body', one Bride ready for her Husband.

We can be sure if Cain had been his brother's keeper the outcome would have been different.

We are our brother's keeper. And the Lord, Maker of Heaven and Earth is our Keeper.

Psalm 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord watches over you-- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; 8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2264/2165391645_4a84242337_m.jpg

Video & Song
'I Will Lift My Eyes' Bebo Norman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te0hy2YcLgg

No comments:

Post a Comment