Tuesday

December 23, 2008, Ready To Go

Ready To Go

He touches my feet and gives this foot soldier a gentle nudge and I fall down. I go out tired from boot camp and know it is only by His power I even move a single step in this life. I offered myself for this battle. I don't know what tomorrow will be (even though the calendar says Christmas eve), much less the next minute when I get to the end of this email. I do know my heart is willing and all I must do is stand still, even in this crazy, mind altering season of busyness.

So when you see me marching to a different drum than the world is beating don't think I've lost my mind. I may not be ready, God knows, but I'm willing and He will help me finish.

And all I did was ask. So where do I go from here Lord?

So this doesn't seem the usual Christmastime cheer, but it is under all the colorful lights and decorations that are everywhere. Searching in a stable of all places, I found my King.

Talk about a perfect song.
A Soldier's King, Kenny Rogers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMli3N3T8w

And all I did was ask. So where do I go from here Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment