Monday

December 29, 2008 No Business Deals Needed

No Business Deals Needed

Romans 4:14 If those who get what God gives them only get it by doing everything they are told to do and filling out all the right forms properly signed, that eliminates personal trust completely and turns the promise into an ironclad contract! That's not a holy promise; that's a business deal. 15 A contract drawn up by a hard-nosed lawyer and with plenty of fine print only makes sure that you will never be able to collect. But if there is no contract in the first place, simply a promise - and God's promise at that - you can't break it. 16 This is why the fulfillment of God's promise depends entirely on trusting God and his way, and then simply embracing him and what he does. God's promise arrives as pure gift. That's the only way everyone can be sure to get in on it, those who keep the religious traditions and those who have never heard of them. For Abraham is father of us all. He is not our racial father - that's reading the story backwards. He is our faith father. The Message

Business deals I don't need, what I need to hold on to - the promise of God, which is a priceless gift. In trusting Him, He will guide me all the way Home. I thank Him that I don't need to perform or pretend or retreat in shame for anything in my life. He holds nothing against me. What a life!! That is - An Amazing Life when all the depth of my being is revealed (the good, the bad, and the ugly) and anything I have done or didn't do has nothing to do with how much He loves me.

I cannot negotiate a business deal with God, He has given me a gift that cannot be purchased, bartered or earned. Whatever comes to me in this life comes freely; no contracts needed.

His good, pleasing and perfect will for my life - 'priceless'.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

(Along with NKJ, NIV, NAS and I am loving the present day vernacular in The Message. So if any of you happen to have an extra copy laying around that you aren't using, remember me. : - )

Who Am I? Casting Crowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7x3VnrqbA

No comments:

Post a Comment