Tuesday

December 30, 2008 Female Gladiator

Female Gladiator

Archeological Evidence of a Female Gladiator

The rise of female professional sports is not a new phenomenon. Women once competed in the gladiatorial arena though not without controversy. It is known that the Roman emperor Septimius Severus, who ruled from 193 to 211 CE, allowed women to fight as gladiators but banned the tradition in 200 CE. Recently, the remains of a young woman, approximately 20 years old, were found in Britain. Discovered in a Roman cemetery in the area of London known as Southwark and excavated in 1996, archaeologists uncovered the remains of the young woman buried with several items that may identify her as a female gladiator.

Read on if you wish:
http://ablemedia.com/ctcweb/consortium/gladiator6.html

This is not fantasy, this is a real life story.

The battle is always raging and I must always remember what is really going on. I get on my full armor, which is light as a feather and perfectly tailored for me, and I now face what I've been in training for all this time. In this battle I'm invincible and all I need to do is 'stand' as I watch the enemy fall all around me, it my Lord and His angels fighting for me So in this world I can dream dreams as a never aging :-) woman gladiator, I fight with a Sword that cannot be conquered. And I can do it in jeans and t-shirt and tennis shoes. How great is that?! So if the Lord should tarry, when my remains are found 2000 years later in an archeological dig, they will also find this female gladiator with her Sword.

A gladiator is a slave, oh yes I am and it's my choice, to the One Who is fighting for me.

Ephesians 6:12 This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels. 13 Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. 14 Truth, righteousness, 15 peace, 16 faith, 17 and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. 18 In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. ----The Message


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3146424235_f8fe441b39_m.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment