Friday

December 26, 2008 Remembering Love

Remembering Love

Romans 13:7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. 8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

I am convinced that Love is the answer. It has been the lack of Love in this World that has brought on so many problems, first in families (mine included). How is it that something so beautiful can be so feared and resisted? Well, for one Satan certainly doesn't want anyone to experience something so glorious and wonderful sent straight from God. He has gone to great lengths to keep God's Word all about the Law and condemnation. I can read scripture over now and regardless of any sentence, chapter or book, the final revelation is God's love for us first and His desire for us to love each other. As I am diving more into what is deeper into my heart, which is to have a heart more like His, and I'm not afraid of the deeper love expressed, and to let compassion rise up.

Well, we had a beautiful Christmas Eve, Ken, Jesse,(Josh was on his way in from Austin) Ken's sister Debbie and I went to my sister's home to be with my mom, my 4 sisters, my brother and their spouses, nieces and nephews, great nieces and great nephews almost 40 of us all together. Some said they could hear dad's voice when my brother or my nephews spoke, he was missed as we felt and remembered him. Then Christmas day, it was a quiet day with 5 of us, Ken, Josh, Jesse and Ken's sister Debbie and myself. Nothing extravagant or elaborate, we had dinner together and beautiful time just being together.

The simplicity is extraordinary, His Love is real within the depths of our hearts, it is here we connect with our God, Abba, Savior and Spirit and each other. All transformation and healing is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment