Saturday

June 7, 2008 Focus

Focus

Psalm 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord watches over you-- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; 8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Do we find help in the hills? Where do we go? What do we do, run, hide? What will that accomplish, really? Can we control the universe and everything in it?

If we keep our eyes on worldly things, that is, every aspect of worldly things, they bring strife and fear in every aspect of our lives. Even terror for those who live in fear and unable to sleep within their own homes.

Can we grasp this kind of security, never worrying about a single thing? Can we wrap our minds around the greatness of our God? Our all loving God, watching us, not to harm us but to protect us, supply everthing needed for safety and security. He is saying to us, "Don't worry about a thing, I have the universe under control; I have all aspects of the weather under control, I have everything under control around you, both day and night; I will protect you both day and night; I will protect you from the harm of the sun by day and the moon by night; I have everything under control outside your home and in your home. Look to me and have comfort in me, I will protect you. Lift your eyes to Me and look to Me for your help. You will be steadfast in My presence, steady and sure, calm and peaceful, comforted and rested. Look to Me".

Keep your eyes on the Lord, you will not be moved by any circumstances that you walk into or that come your way.

That is what I call 'focusing' on what really matters! The Lord has it all under control.
(added later) Except one thing, He doesn't control us.

Video & Song
'I Will Lift My Eyes' Bebo Norman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xMoDA5gTlNQ

No comments:

Post a Comment