Friday

June 27, 2008 Push the 'Snooze' Button

Push the 'Snooze' Button

Well, it had to happen....

Doesn't it? You push in the alarm on the clock for a little more 'zzz's' and well, before you know it your running late. Or at least this time I have a little time to redeem myself. and you know I am just going to not worry about when I hit the keys on this computer wrong and misspell words or duplicate or leave them out. There has to be a lesson in this somewhere, there always is, right?

You've seen my style, I love analogy, so I will apply this to life in our day.
Isn't it like this, we put off the things which are put before us, and often (I'll admit it for myself, procrastinating) say 'oh, I'll do it tomorrow', or 'later', and usually it doesn't come or when it does and we didn't push the 'snooze' button a second time producing more panic results. Like running around with a chicken with its head cut off. Well here I am, here we are.

These days come and these days go. And in the midst of some more serious situations in life when we 'turn off our awareness' button the results leave us also with panic and and producing all kinds of emotions that usually don't show up until this occurs. And if I need to say anything this morning, it is so easy to blame in many situations of our own doing. It is important that we don't divert the attention to an innocent bystander, which usually is a family member or coworker or employee.

It will happen, it always does. and it's okay, we're human and need some down time and rest and some of us can't find this. It becomes a matter of catching a few zzzz's any chance we get. But when it does, it is important to keep the right perspective and not blame.

It's okay, it's a beautiful day and beautiful things are expected to happen for you and me...today, this moment...if we look and expect, even in the midst of hurry and panic.

Phillipians 4: 6 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. 7 Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. ___ The Message

So to go along with my mood this morning this is what a mime would say...
http://sp1.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/1/f12/568924099

It had to happen, also...
Video & Song
'Don't Worry Be Happy' by Bobby McFerrin/Holly Dolly
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWtwKHeDzC4

No comments:

Post a Comment