Wednesday

June 11, 2008, Live It, Share It, Don't Fake It

Live It, Share It, Don't Fake It

Matthew 5:16 'Make your light shine so that others will see the good that you do and will praise your Father in Heaven.'

The truth is, when you live out your faith, you will share it. When you live it you have to do very little talking.

'Preach at all times. And when necessary, use words.' St Frances of Assissi.

Live it.

Is there anything in your life that is so appealing and compelling that others look at you and see your peace or see your love you have for others and God and they say, 'I want that! I want what she has! I want what he has!'

When you live it you will share it. It is insanely simple, but very difficult. We think as Christians that we need to pretend to have it all together. We don't have to be perfect to express our faith. Just be yourself, be real, be genuine.

2 Corinthians 5:17 'Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new creation. The past is forgotten, and everything is new.' That's who you are. That's what you have to offer. You don't have to fake it. You don't have to pretend.'

One of the most powerful ways to express your faith is to listen. If I'm not listening I'm totally selfish. If I listen carefully I hear their story. I'm going to find intersections where I can share my testimony, my story. I can share His light, His story of salvation. So instead of just regurgitating all that I know about the Bible, I listen and somewhere in the triangular intersection of his or her story, my story and God's story, there will be a connection.

Galatians 6 'The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.'

Be yourself, be listening. We are His hands and feet. What an honor, what a privilege, what a responsibility. Live it, share it.

We are either pushing people away from or to God by how we live our lives. At the end of our lives what do we want to be known for?

This is what you want to be known for, it's not compartmentalizing your faith but living it.

1 Thessalonians, 'The word of the Lord is ringing out from you in people everywhere. Wherever we go, we find people telling us your faith in God. We don't need to tell them about it.'

(same verse) The Message___'The news of your faith in God is out. We don't even have to say anything any more. You are the message."

We become 'the message' that our world so desperately needs. Will you join me in this attempt to live it out? A life where we make a commitment where we don't drop our backpack (again the backpack represents 'Faith') for the love of money, a fast life or to set aside integrity. Will you take the backpack and make it a part of who you are?

God's presence is with you, in you and guiding you. It's not just a religion on a shelf but a relationship that influences who you are.

The connection starts with God. Then I live it and share it as God uses me.
_______

James I hope I didn't tear these up too badly. It is an honor and a privilege and a responsibility as you said, to be used by Him. You are an awesome example of living it and sharing it and not faking it. Christ in you has others around you saying, "I want what he has!" Take your pick...

I couldn't help it Rebecca, it's such perfect timing.
I can hear you and Greg singing this, can't wait!
Video & Song
'Complete' Parachute Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24HLlqIa0Ts&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment