Saturday

June 28, 2008 Transformed By Our Own Words

Transformed By Our Own Words

'I am here for you'. What a powerful thing to hear! What a powerful thing to say! Sometimes we hold back in saying these five transforming words because the perception is, it requires something. When we have free time available, or it's a joyous occasion it is easier. When there is a deeper need involved, hurting, desperation and pain, fewer are available because it does require something.
Who am I that I would say I can't help when time and time again I've been helped? Time and time again I've heard these words which turned my insides out and made my heart beat, 'I am here for you'. And speaking of love (and this is), when it is unconditional and requires nothing in return, Love doesn't need to move mountains or calm seas, but it does. Love Just 'Is'. How the masses scatter and few stand when love is required to allow this transforming return. Love is not laborious and if we really do love and listen and give time it isn't sacrifice either. When we give love, in return we are filled with love and this time we become the ones transformed. This is 'what measure you give you will receive'.

There is One Who loves always, One Who says without ceasing, "I am here for you, 'with you and in you'. He freely gave His life for us that we would come to experience His Love's transformation.

5 Powerful words, transforming words, for every one on the face of the earth, for every loving/loved soul.

1 Peter 5:2 Here's my concern: that you care for God's flock with all the diligence of a shepherd. Not because you have to, but because you want to please God. Not calculating what you can get out of it, but acting spontaneously.

And what does it require to say 'I am here for you'? Time only time, time.

For those who have said, 'I am here for you', who have transformed my life,
stood with me in my pain, I say to you 'I am here for you',
I am on a path with you and on this journey we are covered,
and these are called 'angel's wings'.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/383500513_2a44d4775d.jpg?v=0

Video & Song
'I Will Be Your Friend' Michael W. Smith
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cO5Gf_A00tI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment