Wednesday

June 4, 2008 Your Sister

Your Sister

2 John 1:3 3 "Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love."

2 John 1:12 "I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete. 13 The children of your chosen sister send their greetings."

"Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow." Benjamin Disraeli

"Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer." Louise Glück


I do have much to write to you and though this is not paper and ink and on the www. it is the same. When I see you face to face our joy is complete; in connecting with our spirits both apart and together; in our thoughts we believe and pray and seek answers day after day for His direction for each other; we hold each other in prayers and physically in times of need and sorrow and great joy. We believe and rejoice and dance together before Him; with Jesus the author of our faith, the One who justifies us; He is with us and we are with Him singing and dancing a beautiful dance together.

I think of nostalgic photos of young sisters and brothers on swings and sitting with their arms around each other in precious childlike love and acceptance. I think about how over time they (we) are hurt in so many ways. What was once innocent and pure is now desperate to find that pure love, unconditional love and compassion.

I do have much to write to you. It will always be about that precious, pure, unconditional love and compassion that I know, experience, understand and desire more and more each and every day. I write about Jesus.

This song brings back memories of love. Thinking about the pure love of
my sister Annette when we were 'younger'. As she would sing this sometimes all day long.
And I invite you Annette to do it again, because it was beautiful and I
still remember. And in front of all of cyberspace I ask you to forgive me for
being irritated that you wouldn't stop. You have a beautiful voice.
(You didn't think I remembered, did you?)

Sing, Sister, Sing!!
Video & Song
'Bless The Beasts & The Children' The Carpenters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ilw4Kj8xI

No comments:

Post a Comment