Thursday

June 12, 2008 Time and Space

Time and Space

Psalm 103:8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. 9 He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever. 10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. 11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

I may have already sent out a blog on this but it's on my heart again. Time and space what is it in regard to the infinity of God and His time and His space. It cannot be measured with our knowledge. Although all knowledge that man has comes from God, we will not understand this time and space until we stand before Him face to face.

It is an awesome powerful thought (we can't go there) to try and wrap our minds around the possibility of being able to see just a minute amount of the vastness of His creation. As far as the east is from the west? Who measures the universe? I know mathmeticians try. I say that's special and can say there is no way I can fathom their minds either. But the measure of the universe?!!

Job 11:7 "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? 8 They are higher than the heavens--what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave--what can you know? 9 Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea.

The answer, we can try, mathmeticians try, but they will never reach "the limits of the Almighty".

I don't need to try and measure or wrap my mind around it at all.

All I need to do is stand in awe.

Also still ringing in my heart from the other day, as my reminder.
Video & Song
'East to West' Casting Crowns
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6zdihmwy1M

No comments:

Post a Comment