Saturday

February 28, 2009 Flawed and Beautiful

Several years ago, one precious boy I taught at church, his mom gave me an awesome quilt as a 'thank you' gift. What a labor of love! And it's one I snuggle under every day when resting on the sofa. I can't help think of her and her family when I look at it. When she (and her name was Teresa also, even spelled it the same) gave it to me she said 'every one of my quilts has a flaw in it to remind me that we are not perfect and flawed and beautiful in God's eyes'. When looking for the flaw in the quilt I could not find it until she pointed it out. What a beautiful example of how God sees us! When He looks at us He doesn't see mistakes or flaws, He sees only beauty in His awesome created children. I could say so much more in regard to this but it would only clutter up what is so important. Thank You, God that You don't look at my mistakes or our flaws, You know they are part of this life, part of how You created us and the beauty of how You see us.

What a gift! A quilt, that is like me, flawed and beautiful...




No comments:

Post a Comment