Friday

February 27, 2009 Follow

What I am about to say is quite ironic considering I send this out every morning.

Whatever you do, don't listen to me because I will always at some point in time say something unintentionally that is out of line, inconsiderate, uncompassionate, thoughtless, hurtful and ego driven.

Don't follow me because me, myself and I cannot show you how to walk your own journey. Even as much as I desire to be a model for Christ, I will fail. I will fall off the road when my ego is driven to the things that entice me in the world.

But do follow me where I am going. Down a long, treacherous road, with beautiful creation growing along the sides and under my feet. But remember if you should decide to follow me, I am learning the steps are single and only one at a time. When I lift my right foot, I don't know where my left foot will step. Which is absolutely amazing considering I was so sure in the past that I had it all mapped out and along the horizon line I saw the golden pot at the end of the rainbow. That golden pot may be there but my vision has been shortened to look down at my feet. I am learning not to worry about the next day or even the next hour. And it's the most amazing blessing, glorious discovery of my entire life. And I need to keep walking this way.

So when I say don't follow me, and don't listen to me, I mean it, because I'm walking with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment