Sunday

February 15, 2009 Surrender to Experience

Surrender to Experience

How much do we really understand? How many answers do we really have? It is interesting in the searching, the division of experiencing Truth is determined by our total surrender to God as opposed to doing things on our own.

I've spent most of my life doing it on my own. Oh, I can't say it enough I love the Lord, but now I question what part of me since there was so much I didn't surrender. In the surrender there is a purging of all the trash and in 'taking out the trash' there is a clearing which opens up to see clearly that the part of me which was incomplete was my heart. How can the Lord be loved with just the mind?

For some of us it took a lot longer, for some of us we learn quickly. But then is it really 'learning', that is, learning from observation or books? Or is it in complete surrender that we 'experience' God while on our knees or an even better posture, on our faces.

There is a stillness where it all happens, it isn't in the 'doing'.

No comments:

Post a Comment