Monday

February 16, 2009 Cut, Delete Teacher

Cut, Delete Teacher

Yeah, Aaron E. I'm with you, why did they have to go put this book in the bible? And oh how necessary it is to keep me in check, that is, my own reality check. That place where no man has to say a word to show me myself more clearly. It's that, 'who do I think I am?' book. It's that 'take out the trash' book. It's that short but not missing a thing about my life book. It's James.

For me, today, is the teacher thing (James 3). What an amazing book to keep me in check about becoming too big headed, haughty or prideful in regard to anything I do. Day after day as I walk this journey, instead of learning more and more, I am finding out I don't know a thing!

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life (but as soon as I think it is, it's not), by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. James 4

'Preach the gospel at all times and whenever necessary use words.' St. Francis of Assisi

The tongue, wow how it affects control, but who can control it? I know I am more aware of my wagging tongue :-). Talk about reducing words, 'cut' and 'delete' are really good tools to use, maybe they would work for my tongue as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment