Monday

February 2, 2009 In Vast Darkness

In Vast Darkness

As I am becoming more aware of (that is experiencing) the awesome beauty and wonder of this vast creation, the awareness of (that is experiencing also) a vast darkness is also coming more into focus. The brokenness everywhere, and without limit brings me to my knees and feeling helpless, which is necessary in order to remind me we are the same. And if left up to me there is no hope to be saved. I see clearly through the heavy veils of circumstances and darkness, there is a Light.

As I wrote yesterday, I am committed to stand (and there is no dancing around) at the edge of the endless dark pit, ready with holding human arms to help those hurting, hopeless, damaged, desperate, abused, suffocating, blind, leprous, lifeless, dying and dead. I understand now, under all the acting out is a precious human 'becoming' screaming for unconditional love (and to be sure, we all need this same love). I can reach out with unconditional love by remembering my own brokenness. It is here I can 'stand with' and not 'run away from' the pain in the dark. We begin our journey to become fully alive instead of dead and never forgetting our human flawing and stumbling. I am no longer afraid because darkness can't have me and I can carry His light into areas of darkness to show the way to a more fully alive and abundant Life.

It no longer is about 'me' but continually remembering the bloody and horrific death on that Cross and what He actually did just for me (for each one of us individually) was Pure Unconditional Love.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.



http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1330/1153959936_174376d936_m.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment