Sunday

February 1, 2009 Receive and Give

Receive and Give

We all know those who are easy to love and harder to love and those we want ignore or avoid like a plague in order not to do the necessary work of what Love is all about. We don't know how to love them in the face of bitterness, hate and control. But when we can allow ourselves to be open and transparent and see that he or she is really a mirror of me, then the work begins.

So now the real beautiful challenge and life lesson for me is to love those who hate me, are bitter towards me, or try to control me. I can love without being sucked into the vortex of that kind of hell. But instead now I can stand at the edge of these very deep holes and be there and give open, heart felt compassion and be holding human arms when they are ready to climb out. Then together we can stumble to the cross. Freely He gives me and freely I give. This is healing.

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment