Sunday

March 30, 2008, Look

Look

Psalm 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord watches over you--

I must come back to this scripture even though it was an entry just a few days ago on circumstances and praise. This morning I am returning to where we 'do' look.

Often I think about the scripture, He is high and lifted up and His train fills the temple Isaiah 6. Every reference to the Lord is upward, God of the heavens, His throne, His voice, God of the earth, the house of God, blessings of God, His bread, the Lord Himself God of Heaven, His rain, His light, His thunder, His dwelling place, His fire, saving strength of His right hand, and His Word which established everything.

My eyes see upward, 'to the hills', because any vision below upward begins to diminish to worldly wants, everything that I control or everything that controls me by looking at circumstance. But when I look to Him and keep my eyes looking 'upward', I surrender to Him. It is not possible to look at two places at the same time, even peripheral vision doesn't allow for this, it is either up or somewhere else, maybe even 'down', but that is for another day.

He never sleeps in His heaven, NEVER sleeps, WOW, that's certainly incomprehensible.
While He lovingly watches and is looking 'down', look back 'up' at Him.


Video & Song
"With All I Am' Hillsong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KRvoNOxbRNo&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment