Sunday

March 16, 2008, Face to Face

Face to Face

Exodus 33:11 The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.

Deuteronomy 5:4 The Lord spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain. 1

Corinthians 8: 13 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Oh Lord, I want to see Your face. Is this possible now? Can we handle being in Your presence face to face? To experience you more now as on that day when we behold You fully. As the wind of Your Holy Spirit touches us with His presence in soft whispering wind and fire, so do You Lord Jesus walk by us and are with us every minute of every day and You Father watch over us every minute of everyday, whether we seek You or not, You are with us, calling us, guiding us. And when we surrender to You and desire to see You, we do see You in every face that passes by. We are Your creation, in Your image. We desire to see You face to face, the awesome beautiful communion we were created to experience with You. Show us Lord, Your beautiful face.

Video & Song
'Who Am I', Casting Crowns
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VU_rTX23V7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment