Thursday

March 27, 2008 Circumstance and Praise

Circumstance and Praise

1Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 16:7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

Psalm 28:6 Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.

Psalm 51:15 O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.

Psalm 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord watches over you-- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; 8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Circumstances are just that, nonessential details that get in the way of faith, hope and love. In order to move through the veil to victory, 'circumstance' must be seen as a non-contributing part of hope for what lies ahead. Circumstance does not dictate, it does not control, it does not have a future, only faith, hope and love perseveres.

Philippians 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Regardless of circumstance, laying it aside as an obstacle to my faith, it has nothing to do with WHO GOD IS and His plan for my life. I will praise Him regardless of my circumstance, I will rise up and praise Him in my storms.

Video & Song
'Praise You In the Storm' Casting Crowns
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUi8TcxIk4U&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment