Wednesday

March 26, 2008, Wait

Wait: to wait, look for, hope, expect; waiting (participle); to wait or look eagerly for; to lie in wait for; to wait for, linger for; to collect, bind together; to be collected

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint

I want to stay here again today. Looking at the word 'wait' and questioning how this is in relation to my walk. That is is not about the typical definition; to remain inactive or a state of repose; it is action. And as I wait on the Lord, my strength is renewed.

And in this Hebrew root, part of the definition is to collect, bind together. And as I live to collect and bind together my heart with hearts of my brothers and sisters in 'waiting' on Him I will not grow weary, I will not faint. I will soar every time. Because it is the heart, the heart never grows weary, the body does, the mind does, but never the heart.

I always thought it interesting that the 'weary' comes with the running and the 'fainting' comes with the walking. When I thought about it in correlation to endurance or in my case an experience of marathons; it makes perfect sense. It is in the crossing the finishing line that this occurs. When running an endurance race, or in my case not running, either way, especially with those running, once you cross the finish line if you stop abruptly, blood pools and you will cramp or 'faint'.

And as we all press toward the finish line as Paul speaks of, Hebrews 12, 'waiting' on Him in every aspect of service in Him, and with our hearts as our guides, we are running a race, and when we cross the finish line, we walk straight into His Arms.

Again this is ringing in my ears this morning,
Video & Song
'The Power of Your Love'
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eA4narr2wyE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment